Foaming Hand Soap Dispenser--Mixture Questions

Alajane

I purchased several of Alabaster's 6.5 oz foamer bottles along with the aloe body wash, all excited to make my own foaming hand cleaner since that's my all-time favorite product from Bath & Body Works. (How lazy have we gotten that we don't want to take the time to lather up our own soap!!)

I've been experimenting with this, using different amounts of body wash/distilled water, and just can't get it to work right. I thought perhaps the foamers weren't working correctly, but poured some I had on hand into one of the Alabaster bottles and it worked fine.

I've gotten up to the point of a 50/50 ratio of body wash/water and it still doesn't give a good foam. It seems that any higher proportion of body wash to water would make the product not very cost effective.

Any suggestions? And, by the way, what amount of FO can be added to this product? My last experiment was 4 oz each of water/body wash and 0.25 oz of FO. Is that too much FO? Must admit the scent was fantastic!!

By the way, I need to place an order with KY today--does anyone know if any of their liquid soap products would work better in foamers?

TIA,

Jane

I started out with much less water and instead of pumping, I got more of a little squirt of runny lather, which is the reason I kept increasing the soap ratio. I've refilled my old BBW bottles forever with just a blend of any kind of bubble bath I had on hand and some tapwater and it always worked great--now that I'm trying to make some to sell, I'm having no luck!!

Ruina, do you add FO and if so, how much?

I like to use pippettes for my FOs. For my foamers I use 3mL FO. I think that's approx 1 1/2% FO for the full amount of the product. I read somewhere to use max of 2% FO on liquid soaps & washes but that's depending on the FO itself. You should look into what your supplier state's on the particular FO you're using. Hope that helps.

Maybe ask your foamer supplier for the ratio amount?

I had the same problem- it didn't foam as much with the foam bottles I bought. So Bath and Body had a sale for theirs for 3.00 . I bought their stuff- used it and recycled the bottles with this product- works fine. I think the actual foam has a lot to do with it. I purchased my creamy body wash that I put in it from Wholesale Supply

I had a problem with some creamy body wash from Wholesale supply that was suppose to foam with the foam bottles they sell. However when I used my recycled Bath and Body foam bottles- it worked wonderful. When Bath and Body has theirs on sale 3/10- I figured I get to use their products and recycled bottles and get a great bargain

Ruina--one more question and then I'll leave you alone for a while!!

When you say max of 2% FO on liquid soaps and washes, is that 2% based on the body wash base or 2% based on the weight of body wash and distilled water? If basing it on the total volume including water, it looks like my 0.25 oz FO/6 oz product comes out to about a 4% ratio (unless my math's incorrect), so I should probably decrease it by half. But if it's based on only the body wash not including the water, it should be decreased by a whole lot more!!

Mind giving me input one more time??? I've ordered some of the base from KY that should arrive this week, so I'm going to hold off on trying any more until that comes in and see if it works better. Would just like to get my percentages in mind while I'm waiting.

Thanks,

Jane

I like to use pippettes for my FOs. For my foamers I use 3mL FO. I think that's approx 1 1/2% FO for the full amount of the product. I read somewhere to use max of 2% FO on liquid soaps & washes but that's depending on the FO itself. You should look into what your supplier state's on the particular FO you're using. Hope that helps.

Maybe ask your foamer supplier for the ratio amount?

• 5 months later...