Gentle Facial Bar

patka

Greetings, I would like to make a gentle soap that my grandma would use. I noticed that the regular cp soaps using the standard ingredients (coconut, palm olive....) sting if they get in the eyes. I just tried and although I closed my eyes, I still felt it a little. Now, I typically don't use soap on my face, and normally I would not wash around my eyes like that, but I just wanted to try what it would do, because I know some people scrub their faces with soap like that.

I was thinking perhaps a castille soap would be more gentle. I have never made one so far. If I do a 90% olive and 10% castor oil, would this be better if it accidentally gets in the eyes? Or is it just the ph of the soap that causes the eye sting and the choice of the oils would not make a difference?

Thanks so much in advance.

Thanks for the information. I am not even familiar with the tearless cosmetics, as I only use natural products (now mostly home-made:)). I guess I will just focus on making a nice gentle bar for the skin. I will make it unscented. I hope she will like the castille bar. Thanks so much!

Thanks Meridith. I will look into this. I have never seen a pine tar soap. I checked the posts and it looks like I can take any recipe I like and use 15% pine tar with it, is that correct? Do they sell this online with soaping supplies?