(very) multi-cavity soap molds?

SiberianSF

So, I have been using milky way slab molds. I love the final product (nice shape, good weight), but I hate the cutting. I have been searching forever for the nice multi-cavity mold that would be similar in weight and size. No luck icon_sad.gif

I have some heavy duty 4 cavity molds, but they are huge (6.5 oz), and that's just too much of soap.

Ideally I want something that is 4.5 oz, rectangular, and has around 8 cavities on one tray.

Does this even exist?

SouthernGarden Scents makes ones that are blue (at least mine is) and they are 6 cavity.

IF you fill them full you will get close to a 6oz bar, however, just don't fill it full and it won't be that big of a bar.

What I have done is melted down 5oz of cheapy MP soap and poured that into the mold. Once that is firm, you should be able to put a tiny marker line on each cavity so that you know where your fill line is.

I use 5oz because CP shrinks as it cures.

ETA: you could also buy Kelsie molds. They come in 9 bars.

Wholesale Supplies Plus has the type of mold you're looking for. I have these, mine are old as they were given to me by a relative who no longer soaps...but they are GREAT! It makes 9 4oz bars. HTH.

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/ProductDetail.aspx?CatalogID=1&GroupID=261&CategoryID=1748&ProductID=1284&ProductName=Crafters+Choice%e2%84%a2+Rectangle+-+9+Cavity+Soap+Mold+(CC+138)

SouthernGarden Scents makes ones that are blue (at least mine is) and they are 6 cavity.

IF you fill them full you will get close to a 6oz bar, however, just don't fill it full and it won't be that big of a bar.

I have several of these as well and mostly because they are easy to use, clean (dishwasher), store (stack), have a half moon easy to use shape etc.

HTH,

Trish