IGI 1313-Wickless Candles

peacola

I'm trying my hand at wickless candles this weekend. AAA suggested I use IGI 1313, so I could get the dual use to use them with pillars. I did a search but I didn't see much about this type of wax, I know I need to add Vybar but outside of that I have no direct instructions. Do I need to mix it with parrafin wax, I currently have 4630. How much Vybar do I use? I'm assuming I should use the same amount of FO. I want them to smell as strong as Scenty. I have a sample in car that melted a little on my coffee cup and my car smells like perfume. I wonder what they are using?

I have my molds ready to go, as well as some jars I'm looking forward to experimenting.

TIA!

Since 1313 is a higher melt point wax and you want to make wickless you may need to begin by blending the 1313 & 4630 with different % and test on your warmer to assure 1) it melts completely and 2) that the scent throw is what you are looking for.

Wickless candles can be made without blending with pillar wax and using container wax alone. The choice would be yours depending on what you are trying to achieve. I would only use vybar is the FO load doesn't incorporate into your wax thoroughly since vybar is known to bind the scent reducing HT.

Thanks for your reply.

I made two wickless candles and 12 tarts. I am not in love with IGI 1313, it was really hard to deal with. I had heck breaking it up, I had to go outside and bang it on the ground. To much work. I'm passing out samples to my friends to test and I'll test some as well. I'm almost positive I won't use 1313 anymore once I'm finished with the slab I have.

After your post, I searched around the site and it seems I can make wickless canldes with 4630 and tarts with it as well. I think I'll try that, 4630 is easy to deal with and it smells great hot and cold and I can just use the wax I have instead of buying more wax. :cheesy2:

Thanks for your help, I'll give it a try this weekend. :)

4630 will work for wickless but for tarts I would try blending the pillar wax with it to firm them up. I blend 6228 (a pillar wax) and 4630 for my tarts. They are a nice consistancy and melt well in an electric and t-light warmer.