Reed Diffusers

Jokerjen

Not trying to be a smart a** here but I guess it depends on if your customer is a pessimist or an optimist! :laugh2:

I have never had anyone ask me why the jar is only half full or half empty but then I have only been offering them for a few months. I think if anyone asked me I would just explain it does not need to be full.

Not trying to be a smart a** here but I guess it depends on if your customer is a pessimist or an optimist! :laugh2:

Sorry, but LMAO!! That's too funny.

Been tossing around the idea of starting to carry these. Have an idea of a type of bottle and where to get reeds, but still not convinced they're outrageously popular. I suppose since Wally World offers it, they are now though.

So to deter from Jen's question ... how'd you all come to decide on your type of bottle and do you offer corks?

I know around here they are quite popular, especially Partyllite and Pier 1...

Partylite's are in some big bottles..but they are $49.95! And they are less than 1/4 full....

I have a few bottles in mind..but ultimately cost is going to play a factor....

I fill mine about half full... after a couple of months, I turn the reeds upside down. They are not very strong in a large room, but for the bathroom or the corner of a bedroom, etc., they are very pleasing. I have one in my bedroom on the mantle that has been there for 3 years and I still get a whiff when I pass by...

I have one in almost every room (bought abunch a year or so ago when Partylite had a massive sale)

The one in the bathroom has been refilled with my own though....

And will be re-filling some of the other soon.

Partylite is what made me want to make them...their's are really stong but also really expensive!!!:lipsrseal

My sil has some from Wood Wicks and they are pretty strong. It is also a larger bottle. I think she had one in every room on Friday when I was there. I have the smaller bottle that comes in the set from Backwoods. I have made a few for gifts and would love to get some for myself soon, especially with summer coming then I don't have to worry about flames and being outside often, my house can still smell good!

Sorry, but LMAO!! That's too funny.

Been tossing around the idea of starting to carry these. Have an idea of a type of bottle and where to get reeds, but still not convinced they're outrageously popular. I suppose since Wally World offers it, they are now though.

So to deter from Jen's question ... how'd you all come to decide on your type of bottle and do you offer corks?

The bottles I have been using have corks in the tops. I warn about laying box on the side and try to keep them up in case the cork would loosen even though I have those things in there pretty tight.

Have any of you tried a base that did not seem to work? How strong are your diffusers? I am trying to get to Partylite Standard and think I am there...but I am wondering about different bases..as in what works better..DPG? Someone had told me cyclo...but that stuff is expensive isn't it? And I thought that was used more for dry sprays and such?:confused:

I had gotten a Pier1 brand from a friend as a gift and I wanted to know how to make them since the store ones were SO expensive (and I was already trying my hand with candles and had accumulated a bunch of FO samples *L*).

I bought bases from JBN and WSP and really didn't like the results I got. I, recently, tried CSci and I have gotten better results in all 4 of the scents I tried (2 are CSci FO, 1 JBN and 1 Peaks).

IMO, the mixture wicked up faster and I smelled it within the hour; the more it wicked, the stronger it got (I, also, tested 3:1 and 2:2 ratios to test which I liked better and both worked well, depending on how light the FO was, of course).

Also, I found that CSci is compliant for my state (after reading their site on this and finding that my state had regulations for this item).

But so far, I really like them and making them for the house. I have used a 3 oz (triangle) and 4 oz (flat, round) bottle and filled them both all the way (a little below the neck) or between half and two-thirds full.

Hope that made sense... and that it helped. *L*