Large Flat rate(USPS)

LynnS

I charged my wholesaler $12.95 for the large flat rate.That one was going to stay the same price this year.The new small flat rate was $4.95 and the medium went from $8.90 to $10.35.

Husband mailed the package yesterday and he was charged $13.95 for the large flat rate.He didn't ask just paid it.

Now has the large flat rate gone up a $1.00??????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I went to my shopping cart and upped my shipping for larger orders.Might go a bit more for shipping if this keeps up.

LynnS

Here are the rates as of today:

Priority Mail® Large Flat-Rate Box 13.95 (13.50 if pd online)

Priority Mail® Regular Flat-Rate Boxes 10.35 (9.85)

Priority Mail® Small Flat-Rate Box 4.95 (4.80)

Dunno about the large ones, but for regular that's what I've been paying.

The small flat rate came out the beginning of the year.I was happy thinking I could mail a 2-3 candles.WRONG.The depth is very low.I can get 6- 4 ounce candle tins in them. That is about it.Car fresheners I am sure but haven't check for anything else.Not even sure a lotion bottle would fit.Maybe a couple bottles of lotion IF safe to lay down.

I'll find something to work so I can use them. So far only the 4 ounce candle tins.

LynnS

Bernadette.

Were they always $12.95 or $13.95???

I know what you mean.Keep raising the price all the time these customers are going to wonder about it. I would feel it was kind of fishy.I read where the large flat rate was stayiing the same rate and I was happy.Then 2 months later they raise the price $1.00. They sure don't stick to what they say.

Just 1 month earlier I charged this same wholesaler $12.95. Now I pay the buck.I had already e- mailed her the order and shipping through Pay Pal.I hate to raise it now.After all the PO told us it was that flat rate.Her business is not a shippig business but a upholstery and decorating business.Not alot of traffic. She has no idea about the shipping war and how it fluctuates like the gas prices.Trouble is the gas goes up and down but shipping goes up and STAYS up.:mad:

LynnS

Lynn, I think they initially told us the large one was going to be $12.95, but when the box actually came out, it was $13.95. I've been using it since late January, and it's always been the $13.95, but for some reason, I remember the $12.95. I'm quite sure that's what they told us it was going to be.

Maybe I am wrong or my PO is behind but I sent a order mid Feb to this same wholesaler and looking at what it came to be was $12.95 at my PO. He weighs them. Then it came up.I remember sayint it is the $12.95 box. I would have questioned him if he said $13.95. Just sent her another one and this month it was $13.95. Husband took the candles in this time. I have to agree like you said they were telling us initially but just like anything else they can change it anytime they want.

I would think all PO would be the same but I could be wrong.I remember I was talking about how hard it is to keep track of pricing. He agreed. He was getting a couple other boxes out for me. We were seeing what else they had which aren't flat rate but could ship other things

He gets a little put back when he has to get all those boxes out and try to figure which is flat rate which isn't and all the different sizes. Why I TRY to stay with only the flat rate. We have to ship so we might as well grin and bare it. We have no choice but hope our customers are OK with it.I just hate raising the cost to them.

LynnS