SFIC drying to the skin

Greek

We've poured SFIC for the last 2 years and have great success with it. My daughter and my mother have a touch of eczema and this has been the only soap they've been able to use. I use the shea butter base, add a little castor, and a tad of beeswax and some herbs here and there. It has sold wonderful for us, with many return buyers.

Originally we started with the goats milk base, however, found out that many people had allergies to dairy products, not only eating, but using on their body, so we opted to use the Shea Butter base.

What is the ratio of milk powder to water? ...and alll I need to do is add 3-4 TBSP of the mixed liquid per pound of base? That won't make the base too thin- it will still set up ok in the molds? I have been using individual silicone molds. Thank you!

No, trust me, I use far more than that between my goat's milk and my additives. A good base will always set up. Sometimes it takes a wee bit longer than others, but it always makes soap. It's all about balancing hard oils with soft, and it takes some experimentation. But don't be afraid to add, add add!

I love SFIC bases! I use the white, then I add my own goat's milk and oils. Haven't had a problem with drying at all. They are creamy smooth lathery and moisturizing. You have to play until you get the right balance. Unfortunately it expensive during the testing stages. The method I use is perfect, but you'd have to torture me to get my secrets. :laugh2:

It does get expensive while testing! I love sharing my secrets! I love enabling people and do it every chance I get!

I have used SFIC for 7-8 years....and have never had any one, not my testers and certainly not my customers complain about dryness.

The only brand that Brambleberry mentions is Stephenson..every site I know of the sells SFIC...promotes the name with high visibility.

Just my 2 cents.

No, trust me, I use far more than that between my goat's milk and my additives. A good base will always set up. Sometimes it takes a wee bit longer than others, but it always makes soap. It's all about balancing hard oils with soft, and it takes some experimentation. But don't be afraid to add, add add!

It does get expensive while testing! I love sharing my secrets! I love enabling people and do it every chance I get!

Thank you. prairieannie! I am so excited about soap making, and am just getting 'into' M&P- and that is SO fun! I am just not that creative about adding things to the base, so I love this forum and having people like you share!!:yay: How much goatmilk powder do I need to add to how much water? (reconstitute powder to liquid)

Thank you. prairieannie! I am so excited about soap making, and am just getting 'into' M&P- and that is SO fun! I am just not that creative about adding things to the base, so I love this forum and having people like you share!!:yay: How much goatmilk powder do I need to add to how much water? (reconstitute powder to liquid)

Depends on how much you're making

If you're doing a one pound batch, start with one scoop of powder and add just enough water to mix it up and get the lumps out. I shake the crap out of it in a gravy shaker or cup with a lid. It takes awhile to get the lumps out!

• 3 weeks later...