swirl

tamtam

I did something like this once and have found that the clear base sinks and the white floats to the top. I swirled it as it was cooling and came out with an interesting effect. Based on that though, I would think that the white was poured first.

• 4 weeks later...

In a log mold is great to make swirls because the depth of it is what allows you to make swirls. I pour 3/4 of clear base into a log mold, then after about 30-45 minutes when the clear base is thick, then I pour in some not too hot white base and that's how I get my swirls.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21725834

The picture is not as clear as in person but the soap mold was metal and after pouring in the glycerin first, waited a while and then pour in white base. It looks really kewl!

Pepperi,

Just had to comment on your other items--I love the looks of the Pink Tea Grapefruit (I think that's the name). All your items look great but that one really caught my eye. Did you do the swirl on it like you described in your post?

TIA,

Jane

Yeah but with that one the soap became too thick so while pouring the white soap base it looked more like drops than swirls lol. Thank you btw for the comment about my soaps!! I have lots of fun experimenting and coming up with different looks!

• 4 weeks later...
Pepperi,

Just had to comment on your other items--I love the looks of the Pink Tea Grapefruit (I think that's the name). All your items look great but that one really caught my eye. Did you do the swirl on it like you described in your post?

TIA,

Jane

So do I.

Pepperi, your soaps are really pretty and the pics look great!