making chunk candles

I have been having some frosting issues from my ecosoya 135 and getting big headaches from it. I was contiplating going dyeless to help combat the frosting issues, but my mom said that would be boring. I was wondering if doing colored chunk candles with a white overpour would be a good compromise. I don't see many chunk candles around, but I always thought they looked cool.

In other words, I'm thinking about changing my line up, both these colored chunk candles for those who like color and dye free ones for those who want no color. What do you think? The idea of starting over doesnt' make me very happy, but I think I will be happier in the long run.

I've tried the ecosoya advanced, but could not get it wicked. I have not tried other waxes yet and know that I could combat the frosting by doing that, but my husband would shoot me if I baught yet another box of wax without using up what I got. If he only new how much I would spend on this, he would never have let me quit my job to start my own business:laugh2:

I've tried the ecosoya advanced, but could not get it wicked. I have not tried other waxes yet and know that I could combat the frosting by doing that, but my husband would shoot me if I baught yet another box of wax without using up what I got. If he only new how much I would spend on this, he would never have let me quit my job to start my own business:laugh2:

What jars are you using? I use CBA for my 8oz. square masons and I generally use a CD 14-16 in most all sents and that is using color and 1oz. per lb. of fo.

What jars are you using? I use CBA for my 8oz. square masons and I generally use a CD 14-16 in most all sents and that is using color and 1oz. per lb. of fo.

I am using the 9 oz hex jars and tried cotton core, rrd, and lx wicks. I have not tried the CD's yet. That was going to be my next option, but decided to just continue using the 135 that I had in the house. Once I have a good product line going, I may go back to it and play around with the advanced again.

The white overpour over the colored chunks will be pretty. I've done some that way and liked the way they look. Like pieces of candy or fruit in milk.

I use the Ecosoya 135 and use CS dye chips to get rid of frosting. Works great.

CC also carries flutterdyes that are formulated for use in soy candles.