Murphy's Law and all that!

KoalaGirl

Ive lived long enough to 'expect the unexpected'. With that in mind, I'm a tad worried that someone will take a bite out of one of my heart shaped soy wax melts. Its mainly the wedding bomboniere's that Ive decided to add a note to, telling people 'not to eat them'.....after all, wedding bomboniere's are traditionally eadible and...well, my melts do smell delicious! That combined with lashings of alcohol {at the wedding reception....not in my melts} suggests its only a matter of time!

Does anyone do this? How would I word it?

Thanks for any suggestions.

LOL! I can relate to that! I did m&p soaps for a wedding favore. They were cream colored hearts and the Marine emblem. I informed the bride's Mother that because, of the color they may be mistaken for white chocolate so, I would make up extra lables stating that fact and put one in each bag. It was clearly marked in big letters that, "THIS IS SOAP".

Well, wouldn't you know, 3 people, that she heard of, took a bite. I guess you just can't fix stupid/alcohol, like you said!!! All you can do is just hope for the best and always lable in large letters!

In hind sight, we should have put a "big" sign behind the, "help your self" basket, stating that this was "SOAP" lol!

, I'm a tad worried that someone will take a bite out of one of my heart shaped soy wax melts. .

Well they might take one but they won't take the second.

I used to make all decorated tarts that look like food -- and I do have on my label - "DO NOT EAT OR DRINK and KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN & PETS".

Not that this will help because if people would take a bit of something that is that hard to begin with - they probably won't take the time to read the labels either. Just covers our butt.