Getting frusterated

I am getting very frusterated with my candles. After many hours/months of testing I felt confident in my product and signed up for my first craft show. Did fairly well, but decided to pull a random sample to keep testing and I did not like what I found (and i tested a few days before going without any problems). The candle did not burn worth anything... I am about ready to just pull all the wicks and make them wickless. I have also did some more research and ordered a sample pack of some new wicks. However, I have not made wickless jar candles yet... what is the best way to test them. Just get a warmer and throw them on there? What is a good time for them to be melted?

The LX have always burned cooler for me than the cotton. I would think the cotton would work good in that wax. That is what I used when I was using that wax. Did you maybe goof on the f/o amount? Maybe you should pull another candle in a different fragrance and test burn that one. HTH

Soy can change from batch to batch and your candles can change the way the burn when the seasons/temps change. If making wickless, you make the candle the same way, except without the wick. To test, put on a burner and see how long it takes to melt and for you to smell it. How long it takes to melt will depend on the burner you use and the jar of the candle. Just make sure to not use wicked candles.

What jar are using? Depending on the jar, it might be best to double wick it. Anything 3" and over is better to double wick. Sometime people are opposed to double wicking but you can usually get a better burn when you double wick a jar with a 3" diameter or larger.

I'm using the 11 oz tureen jars, so they would make cute wickless also. I do have them double wicked. Per somebodies suggestion, I just pulled a light, medium and dark candle from my stock and have them burning. Maybe it is a simple as a temp change and/or fragrance mixup. This is frusterating... I have a show next week and I'm about ready to pull from it.

Stella... Thank-you for your concern. I was getting consitant results on my testing for multiple tests conducted myself and with my friends before I decided to sign up for my first show. My tests today are showing the same results and I received before the bad test. I'm thinking it is with that candle itself.