Bugs in Soy Wax?

I am just starting to test soy wax and after I melted the wax, there were 3 tiny little bugs floating in the wax. I did not see any little bugs when I was weighing out the wax (but I wasn't looking for them either). Only saw them after I melted the wax.

Is this normal for soy wax?

No but not surprising either. There could have been bugs that where on the box that dropped down in to the wax they could have come from anywhere including the soy wax itself. Bugs are really a fact of life and they find there way in to just about everything.

At least you are not trying to clean beeswax and all the bee parts you have to filter out.

I have been using soy way for more than 8 years and have never had bugs in the wax. Or on/in the box even though they are stored in my garage. I do get the smallest bugs when my windows are open. These are so small they come through the screen. I strain my wax, if needed, through a paper towel, clipped on with cloths pins. Works great...

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57473