Packaging..what is your signature??

Ya know, I've tried individual bagging.. I HATED IT!

Right now I'm using display boxes and stickering "shopping bags" with contact info and logo. If this works well, I'm going to "GO GREEN" so to speak and have a stamp made up and stamp my bags. This seems to be working okay for votives. For containers, I've been doing ribbon and hang tags but want to switch over to some type of label in the near future.

• 3 months later...

Found this older post in a packaging search. I'm having the same problem deciding on packaging. When I did gels I had a saran wrap type cover to keep the tops of the candles clean. I put a label on it to remove cover before burning candle. I then tied a hang tag on around the jar.

I was not too thrilled with that and when I moved on to pillars I did the shrink wrap and made a decent looking label to go on it. I discovered I don't really like shrink wrapping. While you could keep the top open for people to sniff and the wrap technically protects the candle, I just did not like the look of my candles with the shrink wrap on there.

Back to the drawing board. This time around I'm thinking about the cigar band type wrap to go around the pillar, which of course leaves it open for damage if it gets banged up against something, but I think that chance is rather minimal. I'm not sure if leaving a candle unwrapped for a length of time starts to effect cold throw? I never had a candle around long enough to test for that since I typically burn them rather quickly.

I made some palm pillars with Peaks Blueberry Muffin a couple weeks ago, and their cold throw is very nice! Just not sure yet if that goes away over time?

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the cigar band label versus the hang tag label, and whether you've had problems with cold throw going away over time. I'm making primarily pillars and votives.

Thanks!

Jen

I use display boxes for my votives and have a stack of paper lunch bags for customers. That way they can just pick their own. Then I just stick a business card in the bag. My votives also have a warning label with business and scent name on the bottom.

I then do a votive "sampler" which is my best selller. I get the votive gift box from sunshine container that holds a flower pot and 9 votives, shrink wrap it, and tie it with twine and a hang tag. I use scents that are seasonally appropriate and usually stick in one or two that aren't selling so well for me. That way, I get rid of them!

Jars and pillars I use twine and hang tag and around the holidays sometimes I use ribbon.

Then i use paper shopping bags with a twine handle and tissue paper. I have also been thinking about a stamp with my logo for my bags. Currently I just stick a business card in the bag

I'm trying to find bags to use instead of plastic thank you bags. I've considered the paper bags with twisted handles but am concerned about the bottom falling out and the candles breaking.

If you do use a paper bag, do you wrap the candles in anything or just put the tissue coming out of the top?

I'm trying to find bags to use instead of plastic thank you bags. I've considered the paper bags with twisted handles but am concerned about the bottom falling out and the candles breaking.

If you do use a paper bag, do you wrap the candles in anything or just put the tissue coming out of the top?

I use the paper bags with twist handle (made from recycled paper) for all my candles they are extremely strong and durable, I wrapped my products individually in tissue paper. Customers really appreciate a nice looking paper for their purchase, it is amazing the comments you get.

Pam F