Questions on J50

I bought a case of J 50. Those of you having the strong throws from

it can you share your secret? I tried 1 batch of this and it was a

disaster. I had no throw. I must be doing something wrong.

Please share your technique. I don't want to waste a case of

wax. I am making 8 0Z jj. How much fo does it hold per lb.

TIA:cry2:

I primarily work with MC soy, but have some J50 to try my hand at paraffin blend containers. Some FOs don't blend real well, you really need to stir alot right before pouring. Use something other than a wire whisk to stir, it puts in too many air bubbles. Definitely heat to 195, add color and FO, stir thoroughly, and pour not cooler than 160.

I tried using 9% FO load and had trouble with FO settling to bottom of containers. You'll need to experiment with varying FO loads to find one that throws well and binds totally wiht the J50.

I had great luck with Peak's Home for the Holidays in J50 that was spiked with 1/2 tsp Vybar 260 per lb, and 1 oz Crisco per lb. Had tremendous throw over soy, but took careful wick selection to avoid massive soot. I am remaining patient with it, after having somewhat gotten a handle on MC soy. Also will debate on switching over to J50 if I can get it to behave. :grin2: