What are lotion bars

Guest Ox_B_love

Guest Ox_B_love

haha this sounds horrible, i make lotion and everything but i still ahve no clue what a soap bar is. Please help so i dont look soo dumb thanks :D

Don't feel dumb. I made the lotion bar a la Anne and since it is

poured into a mold I couldn't wait to try it in the shower that night. I did and it doesn't mix with water, so I knew I had messed up. I remembered someone on a thread saying that she put the lotion bars by the sink so when people washed their hands they could use the bar afterwards. That is exactly right. I now have mine by the sink and after drying my hands I rub it between the hands. It is very nice and has a great feel. Try it!:yay: :yay:

Rae

I would describe them as a solid balm. Similar ingredients to a lip balm but in solid form. You rub it unto dry areas like elbow, heels, hands. They're easy to make and very moisturizing. I personally prefer them poured into twist up tubes but some pour them into tins or soap molds and cut into bars.

Calling them a lotion bar is sort of misleading IMHO.

They are a firmer body butter, no water to me means it's not a lotion.

Some mold them into bar shapes and place them into tins.

Others pour them into a larger lip balm type of tube or deodorant tube.

There are a lot of lotion bar recipes out there.

Try this one... http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11999

Guest Ox_B_love

okay so instead of it being like lotion, its just harder to where it moistens but doesnt go on wet like normal lotions. Ha yeah the whole lotion bar threw me off. I was like okay how do you make lotion into a bar. It sounds like its better if your the type that doesnt like the wetness of normal lotions. ill have to check out that web link. Thanks to many