design software

Lightning Bug

Hi. I've been reading the search items about design and graphics etc. I am sort of confused. I want to use different frames, bars etc. on my photo hurricanes. On different internet selling sites, they seem to have quite a variety. I want to add hearts, sayings, flowers etc. Can I buy a program that I can use for these or how do you finally come up with a design that can be used legally? I understand I can't use other's designs as far as copyright laws but I can't see me trying to hand draw all these things either. There must be some answer as many products sold online have them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA. Beth

Hi. I've been reading the search items about design and graphics etc. I am sort of confused. I want to use different frames, bars etc. on my photo hurricanes. On different internet selling sites, they seem to have quite a variety. I want to add hearts, sayings, flowers etc. Can I buy a program that I can use for these or how do you finally come up with a design that can be used legally? I understand I can't use other's designs as far as copyright laws but I can't see me trying to hand draw all these things either. There must be some answer as many products sold online have them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA. Beth

Yes and no...

Really it depends on the art software you buy. Some have limitations on what you can use the images for (ie. websites and so forth).

I bought a few different titles at Office Max/Staples are you can use them free and clear as stated in the installation guide. There are like 100,000 clip art and images.

Thanks for the info. I will check next time I get near a Staples or Office Max. I have been trying to find something online and apparently not putting in the right words. As long as it is available to be used, I will start looking in the stores. Can you tell before you buy if it can be used commercially? Thanks again for answering. Beth

You can get some here

http://www.clipart.com/en/

This is what they told me when I asked about selling stuff with the pictures on them that I got from there. I am allow to sell anything I make using the images I get off of there as long as I do not sell any thing with the images I get from the more than 100,000 per image. So other words as long as I quit selling say a hurricane with a picture of a wolf at 99,999 I am fine if I go over that I have to pay royalties to clip art.

I was wondering myself what some of the new titles were. I have been using Printmaster Gold and I am fed up! The bold never works among other problems with this program. Apparently there has been a lot of issues because when I go to the website for help there are TONS of problems to search through. Some can be fixed (but I am no computer geek, so I can't understand how to fix the problem) and some state right on there that it can't be fixed.

So, I too am looking for a new program. I want the new versions so I don't have so many problems. Does anyone have some good suggestions?