How Long do FO's last

JudyN

Can you tell me how long FO's usually last (does the scent start to fade)and should they be stored somewhere special, i.e. someone mentioned they put theirs in the fridge? Most I've received are in dark containers but some aren't - does this make a difference? TIA

I've had some for at least a year that are like the day I got them. If I'm keeping them long - and I usually do - I transfer them to glass bottles which happen to be brown - not because of the light, but because of the plastic. (Even EOs don't react to light all that much and clear glass is just fine for them, contrary to popular belief). I just don't trust FOs and EOs not to react over time with plastics.

FYI, here is a good link on plastic bottle types and specs: http://www.oshun.ca/pchart.html

I wouldn't keep them refrigerated, but because of the very tight seals that the phenolic lids have (if you have bottles that have those) I do "burp" them once in a while :)