Mixing Jasmine

prairieannie

I have a salon owner who wants me to mix Jasmine EO with a citrusy EO (orange, grapefruit, etc..) has anyone ever smelled Jasmine mixed with a citrus before? If so...how was it? :D I think I may take this one to the witch doctor LOL, but I would like to try it myself first to see what I can come up with...just wondered if anyone had smelled one like it.

I believe that Yankee has a Pineapple Jasmine, so mixing can't be that wierd. I haven't smelled it before, but have seen dupes from various suppliers (like NG, I think).

I think mixing Jasmine with Citrus Linen from JS or Vanilla Grapefruit from WYW would be awesome. I'd love to know how it turns out.

Jasmine is an unbelievable FO to mix. I have a Blackberry Jasmine that is one of my best sellers. I also have a friend that makes soy lotion and she blends melon and jasmine. I have always used equal parts when blending jasmine with another FO.

I do not care for jasmine by itself but blended is a different story!

Jasmine is an unbelievable FO to mix. I have a Blackberry Jasmine that is one of my best sellers. I also have a friend that makes soy lotion and she blends melon and jasmine. I have always used equal parts when blending jasmine with another FO.

I do not care for jasmine by itself but blended is a different story!

YAY! This is great news! LOL. I have the strongest inkling that Jasmine Tangerine is gonna be the one...I'll be mixing tonight, and trying it half and half to see what happens...thanks everyone! I'll keep you posted :)

Hi Annie,

It sounds like your customer wants real essential oils, not fragrance oils. I would be sure to ask her, since some people are very picky about that sort of thing. Since essential oils are so much more expensive than fragrance oils, I would let her know there would be a big price difference. For example, I bought a 1/16oz vial of Jasmine absolute for almost $25. That equals about 20 drops of liquid. :eek: Plus I've heard that EO's don't burn very well in candles, and you would need a lot for a decent cold/hot throw. Hopefully she won't care and you'll be able to use fragrance oils. Personally, I would ONLY consider using EO's for personal perfumes, lotions, and maybe soap. Otherwise, you might end up investing entirely too much money in one candle!!

HI Gypsy...These are EO's and we've discussed the price lol. Not making candles, it's soaps and lotions as evidenced by another reply to this thread :D Nowhere does it say candle here LOL! The essential oils are pricier, that's for sure, but not 25 bucks for 1/16 oz type pricey and she suggested I buy them where I did so...thanks for all your concern, but I've got it all covered! :)

Hey Mountain Jen.. the Jasmine and Tangerine reek so far LOLOLOL...I need to readjust my amounts I think!! I did 1 part Jasmine, 2 parts Tangerine (very strong oil I might add) and 1 part grapefruit after the fact to tone it down a bit... now I need to readjust.. grrrrr.