Introducing myself

melissaroth6868

Hi Everyone! I tried to put this in "off topic" area but it says I can't post there so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place!

I've been a lurker for a bit and thought it was time to make intros.

My name is Melissa and I own Skin Candy. Here is my website http://www.skincandyonline.com I don't do the "from scratch" thing yet but maybe some day. And there is NO WAY I will ever venture in to making my own soap-I know my limitations lol.

I also own a dog daycare http://woofworldpa.com (one of the reasons I don't do from scratch lol-there is no time!) So if you have any dog questions, I'm the girl for you.

I hope I can contribute a little bit to your wonderful community!

HI Melissa,

Welcome to the board. You will find some really great people here. There is a ton of info too. I am like you, I don't have time to do soaps from scratch, but I appreciate those who do. I love my business just as it is for now. I am the director of an After School Program at a small school and am really busy too. A dog day care sounds like a cool business. We have a mini Doxie that we love like a family member and hate to leave her, but every now and then we have to. Kennels are so cold and impersonal. A doggie day care would be cool.

Anyway, welcome. Hang around and join in the discussions. I think you have to post a certain number of times in other forums before you can post in the Off topic area. I don't know the number though.

Soapymomma

I just looked at your site. I saw the going green area. OMG! I have been thinking of doing that for a long time. It is a great idea. I have this other site that I bought and have been slowly working on getting it better and I want to offer the products in bags like that for refills too. I have sent out shea butters and bulk lotions and creams like that in the past and it really worked well. Your products look realy nice too. My other site is: www.bodysoulelements.com

Soapymomma

Welcome to the board. I have been doing candles for about 2 years. I am so addicted to making candles it's not even funny. But then I got curious about lotions, butters, whips and more so now I am venturing into bath and body. It's fun! I love playing with the scents!!! There are certain scents I have added to my lotion base and gone to work and people are like "OMG, What are you wearing...." and I tell them my own lotion. I have a lot of people wanting Pink Sugar lotion. I poured my first bottle today.

Playing is fun... isn't it?