cut and carve candles

Any idea what you could blend with? and, how much of each wax?

I have no idea. I don't even know if it would work with a blend since it is so brittle. My guess would be that you have to use a very small amount of the BW if you were dead set on having a cut and carve candle with BW in it.

Beeswax is pretty pliable, not brittle at all IMHO. In a cut and curl candle you need a core candle that you dip to build up layers that you will cut & shape. Since only the core candle burns, you could use a beeswax pillar as your core and dip that in the paraffin to cut & curl. Or, try doing one with all beeswax and see what happens........it could work and end up beautiful!! :cool2:

Beeswax is pretty pliable, not brittle at all IMHO. In a cut and curl candle you need a core candle that you dip to build up layers that you will cut & shape. Since only the core candle burns, you could use a beeswax pillar as your core and dip that in the paraffin to cut & curl. Or, try doing one with all beeswax and see what happens........it could work and end up beautiful!! :cool2:

Really? Wow I thought it was very brittle. It always seems that way when I'm trying to cut it from the blocks. lol That's good to know. :)

Thanks for all of your help! :)

The reason I am so set on using beeswax is because that is the only kind of candles I make (I'm a beekeeper) and just love the cut and carve candles so wanted to try the two together.

I guess I'll just have to experiment and see what I can come up with.

If I get them to work and get any good looking candles, I'll post them.

Really? Wow I thought it was very brittle. It always seems that way when I'm trying to cut it from the blocks. lol That's good to know. :)

I can't even cut my beeswax from the 1 lb. blocks it is so 'sticky', it's never brittle. For smaller pieces, I melt the 1 lb. block and pour it in little 1 oz. containers, much easier to work with and measure for some projects.

I can't even cut my beeswax from the 1 lb. blocks it is so 'sticky', it's never brittle. For smaller pieces, I melt the 1 lb. block and pour it in little 1 oz. containers, much easier to work with and measure for some projects.

Last time I bought it in a block, which was like 4 years ago, it was very hard and brittle. Normally, I use it in pellets but decided to save some money and buy a block. Never again. Lesson learned. lol