Plastic Cookie Cutters

pcbrook

I need your opinion on this!

Do you think it would be okay to use plastic cookie cutters to make ornies??? I know you put these in the oven but not for very long. Do you think the plastic would do good in the heat for those few minutes?

TIA

patty c

Oh duh! I was not thinking about the plastic on plastic part of it. It makes sense because the aroma beads are plastic too.

My caffeine had not kicked in this morning when I posted this. Thanks for putting my brain in gear!!!

• 2 years later...
i have a question that im hoping someone could help me with i was making the aroma bead ornaments and i cant seem to get them out of the cookie cutter does anyone no what i did wrong and how to get them out ...this was my first try and didnt do very well lol .

Could be a couple things, too long in the oven or too long cooling. I get the best results if I pull them out and then pop them as soon as they are cool enough to handle. I made the mistake of letting them chill too long last year and ruined one of my cutters.