chocolate candy absorbed scent????

I gave one of my candles that poured to a friend to see how she liked it. It was a medium size tureen style container and was fragranced with lemongrass scent. She burned it on a counter top and some herseys kisses were in a container near it. She brought them to work to eat later on and when she did she swears it tasted like lemongrass. So she threw them away.

What did I do wrong? How do I prevent this or does this just happen?

The ecoysoya advanced wax was fragranced with 1 oz per 1 lb. It is a very strong fragrance also.

Thanks for any input.

Christina

I gave one of my candles that poured to a friend to see how she liked it. It was a medium size tureen style container and was fragranced with lemongrass scent. She burned it on a counter top and some herseys kisses were in a container near it. She brought them to work to eat later on and when she did she swears it tasted like lemongrass. So she threw them away.

What did I do wrong? How do I prevent this or does this just happen?

The ecoysoya advanced wax was fragranced with 1 oz per 1 lb. It is a very strong fragrance also.

Thanks for any input.

Christina

I had this same thing happen to me too. One Christmas I sent my mom and sister a box that had a candle (scent was lemongrass sage) some fudge I made and some b&b stuff I got. Well they both said the fudge tasted like the candle smelled. So they got rid of it. So now I know never to send candles with fudge(candy) again.

My DH's grandmother was a clean freak who put mothballs in her furniture, under all the covers. She sent my daughter Easter chocolate from Arizona, and the chocolate reeked of mothballs. :(

We threw it away. Nothing we chandlers can do except advise people of the situation.

I don't know if some of you have seen this but it is wrong. I do the apothecary jars with the lids where you can put potpourri or other things like rose petals etc. in them. I have seen around holidays candlemakers put candy in those lids.A no no to me.

I just never could understand making those apothecary candles.

If I put candy out it is wrapped and in a bowl.Nothing is ever open. I don't like unwrapped candy for anything.Those after dinner mints I get the packs. I never put them in a bowl for people to get a handful. Why leave candy out???.

You did nothing wrong!!!!!!!!!!!

LynnS