Does my nose deceive me??

I decided to go back a try pre-blended waxes again. Choosing J223 & J300. I remember testing these awhile back but of course can't find the notes now. Anyways, I made a candle w/ J300 & the throw blew my sniffer scenses out the door :shocked2:!!! I thought it was just a fluke (maybe just the FO itself) but I made 2 more candles-one J223 & one J300 w/ a different FO but the same in each jar and I swear the 300 seems ALOT stronger throw. I know alot of people swear by the 223 so Im wondering if my nose is way off or if others have found that the 300 can and does throw exceptionally well consistenly. TIA

I use J223 and from what I've read on the Candlewic website under paraffin waxes and their descriptions is...that J223 was developed with an enhanced scent throw, or something to that effect, but it did not say that for the J-50 and J300. So you're saying that the J300 has a stronger throw than J223? Anyone else experience that? I really like the J223 and thought it threw great but now I'm really curious about the J300. Has anyone else used the J223 and switched to J300 because it threw better?

Okay, I recently tested J50 against J223 and though J50 had a much better throw (and was very easy to wick). Last year, I tested J50 against J300 and J50 had slightly better throw. I haven't tested all three side-by-side, but of these 3, J50 is my preference.

Logic would say J223 (being that it is the "scented throw" wax ) should throw better but that is not what my nose is telling me....but I don't trust just my sniffer b/c Im doing candles ALL the time and Im sure my nose is "burnt out". Thank you both for your responses. Fern, you asked exactly the question I wanted to know & Angela, it helps to know that it is not just me who is finding that other J's can and do throw better in certain applications.

I thought that since it seems like everyone uses J223, that it must be better. So I tested it a few weeks ago. I didn't pour or burn anything for over a week to clear out my nose and I really think that J50 has a much better throw. I think that J50 and J300 are close, but J50 still threw better. Guess it's different for everyone :)

I think J50 is better than J223 as well and J300 is not as good.

Jen

I like the J50 better than the J223 too, but haven't tried the J300. When I started making containers I used J50, then somewhere along the line switched to J223 and several other waxes and just within the last few months have gone back to J50. I did sing the praises of J223 for a long time and then something made me try J50 again. I can get a scent throw that goes around most of the house with a jar made with J50. Now if I could just get the time to actually make some containers....

DanaE