New User from Sahuarita, AZ

Pam, I only wish that would work!!!! I'd sure go for it.:yay: :yay: :yay:

Cathy, the views are what I adore here, and the mountains...I feel at home near them. At peace.

It's very calming and relaxing, and I never tire of seeing the changes in them.

The light and the shadows, how they play across their faces all day long.

The colors also inspire imagination.

That does sound wonderful !!! I'm in Kentucky in the center of the great ice storm I've been without power for 2 weeks now and could be as much as another 2 weeks before power is restored. I'm on a small generator that powers my TV and computer so things could be worse I guess. Anyway got all this time on my hands and can't even make any candles.Thats the bummer oh well I can dream of warm weather and read about it anyway.

Missy

Cathy, the views are what I adore here, and the mountains...I feel at home near them. At peace.

It's very calming and relaxing, and I never tire of seeing the changes in them.

The light and the shadows, how they play across their faces all day long.

The colors also inspire imagination.

I did notice the calming affect around the mountains, we stopped at the old mining town & I just stood & stared at the mt. Very relaxful place, I'd move there in a heartbeat. the older I get the more I hate the cold. The snow is beautiful but it stays here too damn long!

Are you in Apache Junction?

No, but very close. I live in far, far east Mesa.

My daughter lives in AJ, very close to Gold Canyon, her views are even better, closer and slightly different.

My views are more of the western part, the more "famous", hers are more of the southwestern face. The views are all incredible, no matter what part you look at.

I love going to that old mine town! For a treat go further down the road and enter into the Canyon Lake area.

The views are TDF and for lunch or dinner head further down that road to Tortilla Flat and head into the resturant.

You can't miss it. It is the only one there!

I took a few friends there that attended the AZ. Gathering one year.

They stayed longer so I could take them around to a few places in the state.

(Old Town Scottsdale, Flagstaff, Sedona, and my home were the other places.)

We ordered 1 single order of nachos. The 4 of us were full from that one order. HUGE best of all it was delicious.

My doors and windows are open today taking in the wonderful fresh air.

Summer is when we close all up. Keeping it dark and cave-like to keep out the heat.

In the "winter" we open up and drink it all in!

Perfect weather IMHO.

You should come back and visit!

We have SNOW on the mountains all around us down here in Southern AZ, and from what I see on the weather, more to come in the next couple of days. The mountains in Bisbee look pretty well covered from here, about 30 miles away. Brrrrrrr

No, but very close. I live in far, far east Mesa.

My daughter lives in AJ, very close to Gold Canyon, her views are even better, closer and slightly different.

My views are more of the western part, the more "famous", hers are more of the southwestern face. The views are all incredible, no matter what part you look at.

I love going to that old mine town! For a treat go further down the road and enter into the Canyon Lake area.

The views are TDF and for lunch or dinner head further down that road to Tortilla Flat and head into the resturant.

You can't miss it. It is the only one there!

I took a few friends there that attended the AZ. Gathering one year.

They stayed longer so I could take them around to a few places in the state.

(Old Town Scottsdale, Flagstaff, Sedona, and my home were the other places.)

We ordered 1 single order of nachos. The 4 of us were full from that one order. HUGE best of all it was delicious.

My doors and windows are open today taking in the wonderful fresh air.

Summer is when we close all up. Keeping it dark and cave-like to keep out the heat.

In the "winter" we open up and drink it all in!

Perfect weather IMHO.

You should come back and visit!

I will be back!! We did go all the way across the trail. What a great drive. The funniest thing happened, I'm driving along & if you've ever been across this trail you'll know why it was so funny, we come around the corner & here comes a UPS truck!! way out in the middle of nowhere, they do deliver anywheres!! I'm thinking I'd like to come back out that way in September again but spring time would be nice too. I have friends in Mesa so we could stay with them & make trips from there. Oh, now I want to come out even more than I did:sad2:

Smacky,

Is it raining on your side of the valley today? I've got a heavy cloud cover here but haven't seen any wet yet!!

I was out all day with my daughter and granddaughter.

On my way over there, the clouds were so low and thick you couldn't even see the mountains.

Later on it slightly cleared up and now...(I just got back)...On my way home, it was n a s t y raining dark and yech.

Off and on it has rained for most of the day. Tonight sure is shaping up for more nasty!

And it is COOL! We actually had to turn on our heat.

I will be back!! We did go all the way across the trail. What a great drive. The funniest thing happened, I'm driving along & if you've ever been across this trail you'll know why it was so funny, we come around the corner & here comes a UPS truck!! way out in the middle of nowhere, they do deliver anywheres!! I'm thinking I'd like to come back out that way in September again but spring time would be nice too. I have friends in Mesa so we could stay with them & make trips from there. Oh, now I want to come out even more than I did:sad2:

If you come out here, pm me and we can exchange phone numbers and arrange to meet somewhere.

I have met quite a number of the people from the dish and I'd love to meet some from here as well!

September is still hot, major warning. Spring, late fall and winter are primo!

I know how it is when you live in Maine and you aren't used to the climate.

People up there used to pass out from the heat when it would hit 85 degrees.

(I lived up in Limestone and Presque Isle as a kid. 1st through 4th grades.

My father was stationed in Limestone at the USAFB.)

I have a friend from the dish that lives up there too.

I got to meet her when a group of us met in Mass. to attend another dishers wedding.

She had invited us all to it, but really never thought anyone would come.

It was such a blast to surprise her!

We all lived so far away from her and most of us flew in, another one lived nearby and picked us up from the airport on different days.

We stayed for an extended long weekend. It was wonderful!

I thought the gal was gonna faint, over and over again as individually we hopped out of the van we were in.

OMG yes that road....it is harrowing enough when there are 2 vehicles of a normal size in opposing lanes.

LOL a UPS truck is a tight squeeze!

I think I would pinch up my butt cheeks so tight, that I'd get taller in my seat if one passed by us.

We have SNOW on the mountains all around us down here in Southern AZ, and from what I see on the weather, more to come in the next couple of days. The mountains in Bisbee look pretty well covered from here, about 30 miles away. Brrrrrrr

How pretty.

Bisbee! That place is a fun place to go.

Darling old mining town, not a ghost town either.

Lots of nice shops and interesting sites to see.

Funny how you go further south and it is actually cooler.

I wish we had more of the higher elevations here!

I love being nestled in the mountains.

So far I LOVE Yuma. I know it will be HOT in the summer but I think I am ready as I'll ever be for it. I cant believe how much farmland is here in the desert :shocked2: . I get free lettuce and bags of salad and cabbage all the time now.

I would LOVE to meet up with some of us who live here in AZ....maybe we could have our own little "gathering"....

tootie