When do you gear up for Fall/Winter Craft Shows?

I did my first one last October, because I make both soaps and candles I made all of my candles first, right after labor day..because soap has a shorter life span I started them around the 3rd week of September. I poured everyday and went to the first craft show with over 300 soaps and 100 asst candles and tarts. Whatever didn't sell at the first show I sold at a second show that I sorta fell into and took all my leftovers. I totally sold out of everything. I actually did do it yourself smellie jellies and they were just an afterthought, I ended up taking orders for them after I sold out. I think I sold 78 of those after the craft show. Personally, I think it was a great idea to do 2 craft shows so close together. I made all of my $$ back at the first one plus some extra and the second craft show was all profit.

I've already started... well kind of, I've poured a few scents(the ones hate) and I'm figuring out which ones I really want to do as well as a few backups. I used to do shows every weekend in the spring and fall but I haven't for the last 2 years. I always liked the back-to-back because I don't have as much loading and unloading.

I actually did do it yourself smellie jellies and they were just an afterthought, I ended up taking orders for them after I sold out. I think I sold 78 of those after the craft show.

Comfortscents, I'm very curious--how in the world did you do "do it yourself smelly jellies"? The ones I make take a while to absorb the water, and much longer if the water isn't heated. And did you take all your FOs to the show to make these or just pick a few best sellers?

Sounds like a great idea, because I don't like to make up smelly jellies that don't sell--they don't have the best shelf life and I end up throwing some away. I had actually decided to discontinue them, and then a customer asked for one and evidently showed it to everyone she knew, and they've started selling for me again--after about 3-4 years!

TIA for any info you'd like to share!

Jane