CareBear - Heart container candle

Jcandleattic

CareBear, as promised here is my picture and a picture of one of Alan's original candles. I loved making these.

I'm charging my camera to take a pic of one of them that I have left after 2+ years - This one needs to be burned. It's not pretty...

Anyway, this is what I meant about the chunks...

--Okay for some reason the pic I have from Alan is not attaching. I'll work on it.

post-212-139458452929_thumb.jpg

post-212-139458452933_thumb.jpg

post-212-139458452935_thumb.jpg

thanks those are really cute. nicely done.

I have tried now 6 candles and got 3 good ones. I'm frustrated cause the hearts don't seal completely to the glass so some of the other wax gets in between in and the glass. And of course I can't simply remelt and repour cause the darned hearts melt to and make the pink too dark.

I've not given up - I may stick them in the freezer and see if I can't pry the hearts out of the wax once I get them out of the glass. We shall see.

(oh I did mine in Raspberry Bombe - luscious!)

Thank you everyone.

Also (at least for me) the chunks deterred me from pouring my overpour too hot. I knew I couldn't or it would melt the chunks and make the heart color run. :)

I still can't attach the other pic, and trust me it is much nicer than mine. I LOVE Alan's work. :)