Help with soy

I have just started making soy candles and I have a ton of questions:

First a couple of the larger ones I made cracked in the ball jars and they also sound loose--also one of the ones that I put in a ball jar didn't burn well--it went straight down the wick-what am I doing wrong. My votives are okay--but don't burn as well and as evenly as I would like. Any imput would be appreciated.

Also--does anyone have a favorite distributor for their soy wax?

Thanks

Norma

What kind of soy wax are you using? From what you describe, it sounds like you poured votive blend wax in a container. Votive wax pulls away from the mold so you can release it when it's finished. It will pull away from a container as well and "rattle" in the jar. You will need container wax for a jar candle. As far as the burn, you will need to test different wicks until you find one that burns right. It sounds like you may have to "wick up" on this particular candle. Other factors to consider when testing your wicks are fragrance oils and dyes, as different ones affect the way a candle burns. If you can give us more information on what you are using we can be of more help to you.