bad or defective wicks

I'll probably get beat up on this post....but the concensus is when we test a wick for a certain container and are having problems with the wicking or burning properties...the only concern seems to be the size or type of the wick...however I venture to say that not all wicks are created equal...meaning that some wicks in the packs that we buy could be defective...or not up to snuff and won't burn the way they are intended. I have discovered this a lot of times when I have double wicked containers one wick seems to do well the other wick or wicks are not hardly visable...and are ready to go out or drown out. I really believe that this is the case with a lot of testing that I have done...any comments???? Cheers

Actually you will not get beat up over this one I too noticed it a long time ago. If I start to have problems with a tried and true recipe I look to the wick first. If after making a new candle with a new package of wicks and the problem is still there I look to bad wax, FO ect...

When you have problem you go through everything one by one to find out the real cause not just a guess.

The same wicks from different manufctures are not alike either. I learned to order from one place only. On occaision I get a dud of a wick.. not sure if got a different one in the batch by misteak or what. But using same company I have more consistant results.