Question about Micas

RNSandSCENTS

I have purple mica from Peaks. Everytime I use it, to me, it seems it changes the scent of my product. When I used it in body butter, it turned my Princess and it smelled somewhat eggy. I used it in mp soap and it turned my Vera Wang soft, like you could barely smell it.

So my question is....are all micas like this? After looking at the soaps posted in the gallery, I was thinking of buying some mica from BCN and I also considered Brambleberry. I have had better luck with the liquid colorants from Peaks but I want to be able to do bolder colors without compromising the smell of my products, kwim? Any help here would be greatly appreciated. TIA

ETA: Mods, I am sorry this was posted here. I really meant to start this thread in the other b&b area. If you don't mind, could we please move this? My apologies....

Try the POP Micas from TKB Trading. Very bright colors, and works in all B&B, not just soap. They also have some other color Micas, like... Black Cherry, Starluster, Dragonfly (so pretty, and makes awesome eye shadow!).... believe me, once you try these, you'll love them. I know I do.

Not all micas are created equal. lol But the one's from TKB are lovely!

So are you saying that without these colors in your applications that they smell fine?

Oh yes ma'am! My butter was smelling fabulous before the addition of the color. I thought maybe it was because I added the fo first on that one....

...now with the Vera Wang this morning, I added the color first and then the fo and it was really light, with a 3% fo load at that! I made this scent in another soap using clear glycerin using liquid drops and it smells like its supposed to with a 2% fo load.

These oils did not come from the same supplier either. The Princess was from SC and the Vera Wang was from SOS.

I cannot figure this out but its both of my micas from Peaks, I have both pink and purple and they both act crazy in application and I do not know why!

Thought I'd ask first lol! I've only had one mica change smell on me, but it disappears after cure. However this is CP we're talking about. I imagine the lye helps kill the smell.

You might contact Alan and Nachelle and see what they recommend. This isn't the sparkly colored ones is it?

Thought I'd ask first lol! I've only had one mica change smell on me, but it disappears after cure. However this is CP we're talking about. I imagine the lye helps kill the smell.

You might contact Alan and Nachelle and see what they recommend. This isn't the sparkly colored ones is it?

Nope these are flat micas, no sparkles here. I'll call them and see what they recommend otherwise, its off to my nail table with these colorants. I am sure they will behave in clear acrylic because they don't seem to like my soap or butter! Thanks for your help Scented!

I've used BC's micas in almost every soap I've made and never had them turn on me so to speak. LOL I did get some from Coastal Scents that really stunk. They screwed up my soap in a really bad way! I've had some good ones from CS' but also had the few bad ones. I've also tried TKB's POP micas and really like them but I think those colors are exactly the same as BC's Rainbow Micas. I just with BC would offer them in larger sizes than just 1 oz. I order way more from there than I do from TKB. :sad2: