Keeping wick central

Hi, i am having some issues with keeping my wick central. I am using glass containers so centering it at the bottom is no problem, it is more making sure it is central at the TOP while the wax is setting. Does anyone have any simple tips for this? I know many of you use the EZ-Setter but i don't have one and kind of hoped there is another way without outlaying more money at this point as it is only a personal hobby for the moment.

Thanks!

I found some wick centering tools and contacted the people selling them to find out which size would fit their votive moulds (as there were no sizes on the moulds) and they told me not to use the tools, to use wick pins.

I would rather not wick my candles after they have been set, is that the best way to do it or can i still use the centering tools?

I hope that makes sense..

Clothes pins are really easy to use...just slip the wick thru the spring hole...then bend it over and clip it to the end. Works great. If your container is too wide...use 2 bamboo skewers rubberbanded together at both ends...slip your wick in between the skewers. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the help. I got a little carried away and ended up ordering centering tools, new moulds, wick pins & tabs etc. lol argh. Oh well. At least i will be well equipt. Where i live there are only two stores that stock candle making supplies and wick and wax are about the extent of it.. So it was very exciting browsing through all sorts of bits and pieces online.

For a wick setter, I use a hollowed out bic pen and for wick centerer, I use bamboo skewers rubber banded together at both ends. these tools have worked great for me, after trying alot of different ones - and CHEAP. For votives, I don't use wick pins, I set the wick after I pour. You have to have good timing, though. I never had much luck with wick pins, because I make my own votive wicks

I found some wick centering tools and contacted the people selling them to find out which size would fit their votive moulds (as there were no sizes on the moulds) and they told me not to use the tools, to use wick pins.

I would rather not wick my candles after they have been set, is that the best way to do it or can i still use the centering tools?

I hope that makes sense..

Are you talking about the metal votive molds? If so, your best bet would be a wick pin for votives. All you do is put the wick pin into the votive mold, pour your wax, let it harden and then pop out the wick pin. Then your wick will slide thru the whole created.

HTH