WSP Melt and Pour Base

birdieluvr76

I tried the white base and was disappointed. Its a great base if you aren't into putting in any additives. But I couldn't use a base that didn't except butters and oils and other additives without seriously compromising the lather.

By itself its just fine. Moisturizing and lots of lather. Add anything to it and its crud.

I had to quit using it because it caused a rash on my arms (when making soaps even). It's got a slight scent to it, and it's very soft. When I would make soaps, I could push my finger and make and indent in the finished product, which I did not like. The moisture content is evidently very high, which means you won't get a bar to last very long. BCN has very hard M&P soap, so blending the 2 makes a pretty decent combo, but BC is high priced.

I am having a problem finding someone close to me so I don't get killed on shipping. I have a soap supply company in my state, but their prices are so high, that even with shipping WSP was cheaper. Anyone have any recommendations on somewhere I can check out?

Have you tried C&S or Candlewic? (My preference is C&S bases) They are in PA and both carry M&P bases. Also, the Chemistry Store in S. Carolina carries the Stephenson bases and Southern Soapers in VA carries SFIC.

I think I am going to try C&S. I have used them a few years ago for candle supplies, and completely forgot about them. Thanks!!

I love their M&P bases the best. However, I try to buy them in person to bypass their dreadful online store. By that I mean they don't give you the shipping info until after your online purchase is complete. Sucks but I put up with it for their great bases.

They also carry liquid bases and lotions. I tried their samples of certified organic lotion and love it! I also want to try their pearlized liquid soap. If its good I can quit making it myself and just buy their base.

I love their M&P bases the best. However, I try to buy them in person to bypass their dreadful online store. By that I mean they don't give you the shipping info until after your online purchase is complete. Sucks but I put up with it for their great bases.

I noticed the shipping thing on their site when I went there. Kind of a pain. Is their shipping pretty reasonable?

They have USPS and UPS and I try to use USPS whenever I am not purchasing FOs. I get a much better price using USPS and for shipping bases its not too bad. I only purchase the 10 lb boxes of soap bases cause I sell a lot of their soap. I've had lots of customers tell me that my soap is better than other handmade soaps they've purchased. Their bases are really nice but I also love putting in lots of additives and thats another plus for me. Their bases are very forgiving and allow you to add a lot to them.

One more thing-- when I order from them I've been getting my supplies fairly quickly. Usually within a week. I think because they are one state away from me I get them faster. I just hate not knowing what the shipping is until after I have made my purchase. I also hate that you have to sign into an account to buy anything.