The Neon Collection from TKB

kestagano04

Does anybody use the Neon Collection from TKB? I'm wondering if anybody has any concerns with them chemical wise (not-cosmetic grade)? I know they are allowed in soaps in the US, and I'm trying to find non-bleeding bright colors. Are they a little too neon? Is there anything better or are these a good choice? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks

I have one of the TKB sample color packs. I love the colors but they don't blend well in M&P. Or only after you have stirred and stirred forever. I gave up and am sticking with liquid dyes. But I am trying them out in different B&B applications like liquid soap. I thought the powdered dyes were natural micas. Maybe I'm wrong.

Candybee,

I was thinking about some of the liquid ones that are preblended in glycerin. I have read how the powdered ones are very difficult to blend in melt and pour. They say the neons are non-cosmetic grade, but I can't seem to find any additional info on them. Alot of the links on their website don't seem to be working properly.

Thanks for the reply.

I have one of the TKB sample color packs. I love the colors but they don't blend well in M&P. Or only after you have stirred and stirred forever. I gave up and am sticking with liquid dyes. But I am trying them out in different B&B applications like liquid soap. I thought the powdered dyes were natural micas. Maybe I'm wrong.

I agree. When I was doing M&P... I stirred and stirred and stirred... and I still ended up with some flecks here and there. I went to liquid after that.