How do you do this...

kestagano04

il_430xN.52417000.jpg

Basically layered, but you don't wait for the first layer to completely skin over?? It looks like he poured a little early, and used dye that bleeds? I'm somewhat new to melt and pour (I've made more basic soap) and I just think it's beautiful and would like to try something like that. His Etsy store is amazing... very pretty soaps...

dennisanderson's shop

HI,

What is the web address where the soaps are located? I'd love to look a other soaps similar to those. I think I can make those, but I'd want to try it before posting to everyone - just in case. Those look like poppy seeds on top. Very cool soaps. I would imagine they are made in a rectangular loaf mold.

Soapymomma

looks like a log mold was used and a wavy cutter

he probably poured clear (colored green) first, then poured the white over it, before a firm skin formed, couldve poured right after the clear without skin, topped or incorporated poppy seeds maybe

ive poured clear and then white over it and it sorta makes what looks like clouds in the clear, you could probably take a knife or stick and do a little swirling in the bottom to get a better effect

It looks like those are from a mold for individual bars, they have the rounded corners and are perfectly shaped. I'm thinking that he pours the first layer, sticks 3 short rods (cut to be the same depth of the mold) in place, allows it to cool, then adds the second layer, after that cools, adds the third?

There are crayon molds you can use for the soap dots.

That first soap is really nice. I believe the white was poured first, which also contained the seeds that dropped to the bottom of the mold. The a drop or two of dye was added to the remaining melted soap and 'swirled' slightly before adding it to the top. Very nice effect.

The sad thing about adding colored dyes to M&P is that after a while they bleed into the rest of the soap eventually.