I bought a flexible mold and have a question

here is what the mold will makebakery%20cinnamon%20bun.jpg

So you make a small hole at the top of the closed end mold

and have somekind of wick holder going across the open end?

I have not even begun with wicks in candles yet so i know I am ahead of myself. I am assuming I should by the ez wick setter though for the future?

Thanks for all the advice, I need it - lol:cheesy2:

Here are some pics how to wick a rubber mold.

Image 1: Items needed: Mold, wick, wicking needle (can use a large embroidery needle) and Wick centering tool (I use a bamboo skewer broken in half and rubber bands)

Image 2: Thread needle with wick, and poke through middle of bottom of mold and pull through.

Image 3: Mold with wick pulled through hole in bottom.

Image 4: Shown with wick centering tool attached.

Soft molds will seal themselves, this particular mold had a split in the side which is why there is a rubber band around it. So don't worry if you are taking your candle out of the mold and one of the sides split, just use the rubber band to line up the split and it'll seal itself.

post-1897-139458452485_thumb.jpg

post-1897-139458452489_thumb.jpg

post-1897-139458452492_thumb.jpg

post-1897-139458452493_thumb.jpg

I'm not really sure a wick tab will work in this application. That particular mold if for a floating snowflake, so when it's being burned it is in a bowl of water so the wick tab is useless.

Also, I buy my wicking on rolls and just cut what I need.

ETA: I think if you want to use a wick tab you could slide it on the wick and press it into the wax when you are done pouring the candle. Then when you level the bottom the heat will seal the tab into the bottom of the candle. (I hope that made sense)