Anyone use Microsoft Access???

Here's a link for microsoft training:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/HA102744471033.aspx

If you aren't using an accounting program for your bookkeeping, I'd use that. Otherwise I'd recommend creating a spreadsheet for your inventory in Excel. It would be alot easier unless you already are familiar with Access. Access is a database and a little more complicated for new users.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I was so excited about MS Access until I read this thread thoroughly. I thought about buying Quicken or Quickbooks, but putting all that $ out... Ouch! I wanted to buy MS Publisher and Excel then I saw Access so I was just going to buy the entire MS PRo... but again the money and how much and I going to use everything else?

I use Excel at the end of the year....

I might create a new form on Excel to simplify it this year( and start at the beginning of the year and as I go along)

I took a 10-hour class for Access and the instructor told us that if we didn't use it that we would forget how to use it within a week. Well, she was currect, I forgot how to use it. It's a good program but can be complicated.

I have access but never opened it lol. I did spend the extra $$ for quickbooks, and I have to say it is completely worth it. Heck get an older version. I use Pro 2007 and it makes day to day paper work soooo easy.

Would access control inventory? QB can control my ready to sell inventory, but not my oils and wax ect.ect.

I have access but never opened it lol. I did spend the extra $$ for quickbooks, and I have to say it is completely worth it. Heck get an older version. I use Pro 2007 and it makes day to day paper work soooo easy.

Would access control inventory? QB can control my ready to sell inventory, but not my oils and wax ect.ect.

I use QB too, currently the 2008. I have not figured out a way for it to manage supplies, however, i recall someone posting how they managed to manipulate it to do what they wanted. not sure if it was this board or the old CT

I use Access at work a lot but we got office 2007 at home and it looks like I need to relearn access again from scratch,it looks totally different....so I would go for excel, it really has a lot of features and a lot of my accountant friends use it alongside their various other programs.