Odd question

katcandlemaker

BUT does anyone know how much the plastic bottles that FOs come in weigh? I want to weigh some I have put up for sale or for trade and don't know how much to deduct for the bottle. Its the standard plastic bottles in 8 ounce and 16 ounce sizes with the white lids/pouring flip up top. Oddly, one supplier didn't know and the other never answered my question. TIA!!

Depends on the bottle, company etc. Usually the supplier will let you know the weights. Who are you looking for? I have several of the weights. Most of the pound bottles weigh between 1.2 and 1.5 ounces (depends on the bottle) and 8 oz are falling in between .85 and .95. My weights are with lids.

The NG bottles that came with the pink or green lids weighed out at 1.2 oz with the cap for me. The new bottles are weighing more, more like 1.40 oz.

BC was 1.2. I was told by Doneen or someone there it was .40 oz, but it wasn't close so I had to wait for a bottle to empty to check it.