Wickless candle-how long does the scent last?

cleanglow

I've had some requests to add wickless candles to my line so I've decided to do it and see how they sell.

I'm going to test for myself, but I was wondering how much longer the scent really lasts? If you had 2 candles, same wax, size, and FO %, but one was wicked and one was wasn't and the wicked candle typically burned for 40-45 hours, how much longer would the scent throw usually last in a wickless?

I just can't imagine that they really last that long.

But that is not necessarily the case. I do not do wickless for several reasons one my test showed that my candles lasted longer that the scent throw in a wickless. Second I have had customers come to me and ask why the wickless they bought from so and so doesn't last as long as my candles. I have no answer for them. I will not try and answer them I just tell them I do not do wickless candles and give them a better wickless option with my melts.

Of course I expect the scent to be just as strong from start to finish and I know that is not going to happen with wickless the scent throw slowly disappears over time just like it does my melts.

I know people love wickless jars I just never understood the point of them when you are better off with melts.

Thanks for the replies. :) I tested one today and almost gagged because the throw was so strong after it was completely melted. It was a 6 oz. tin and I do 7% in a 50/50 blend. Maybe I'll lower the fo percentage and see how it does.

I'm personally not a fan of wickless candles, tarts yes, but not the containers. I'm just one of those people that love a burning candle. But I know there's a huge market out there for them and I've had requests so I thought I'd see how they do.

Jenn

There is a huge market for them for many reasons. I think safety is a big thing with a lot of people. Plus you can take wickless to work, which many people love.

I do not burn candles much at all any more just for pleasure because of grandchildren and pets. I kinda got out of the habit of always lighting one up because of those issues. Now it's tarts or wickless. I do burn votives on counters sometimes when I am near for a long period of time.

I adore those aroma lamps. Not only are they pretty, you get double the burning time, at least.

Our candles last longer than when we put them on the burner. If I am busy and going in and out, I do the burner. But after two days it is pretty much done. The candles burn layered so they continue to get the fragrence. When we do the wickless it liquifies and after about two days( on the burner the entire time) the oil has evaperated out. HTH LeeAnn~