Stack Candles

Jess

I was wondering which braid wick do I need in order to make stack candles? I was looking at PeakCandles and there is so many different kinds. Also does anyone have any instructions on making stack candles?

All I know is basically cut out shapes using a cookie cutter and then stack each individual pieces on top of each other but I have no idea how to put the braid wick together with the stack.

Thanks for your help!

You have the basic idea on how to make them. As for the wick hole, you can make it it individually or all at once. You can heat the end of a wick pin or piece of clothes hanger and melt the hole in each piece or drill it then hope they line up or you can go ahead and stack them, then drill the hole through the whole stack. When I use a drill but, I turn it by hand, not in a drill. Some stack them and make a larger hole down the middle and fill it with wax after putting the wick in to hold the layers together. It'll depend on what's easiest and works best for you.

As for the wick itself, that will depend on the same things as making any candle. What wax, FO, additives are being used and the size of the candle...

You need to use a pillar wax as it has a higher melting point. When I made them I just used the same size flat braided wick that I would use on a regular pillar. I made a hole in each of the pieces and then threaded them together. They didn't need anything to keep them together other than the wick and burned just like a pillar would. HTH