Swan glycerin USP

dogmom1

hi,

that's what the label says. my local walmart carries this in the pharmacy department. is this the same as the glycerin people write about adding to m&p for more lather? i've done m&p but haven't added anything before, now want to fancy it up a bit.

tia,

eileen

It has to have more info on the label. Is it a liquid? solid? I tried googling it and got links to suppositories.:shocked2:

it's a somewhat thick liquid, clear. no discernable odor (to me anyway :cheesy2: )

front label says SWAN Glycerin U.S.P. emollient, for external use only.

back label says: a valuable aid for dry skin. directions: dilute with 2 to 3 parts water and apply locally to affected area.

warning: do not use on children under 6 months old. keep out of the reach of children. in case of accidental ingestion consult a doctor or poison control center immediately.

It sounds like liquid glycerin. Especially the part about it being an aid for dry skin. Liquid glycerin helps skin retain moisture and works great in M&P soap. It also helps improve lather.

But I am not familiar with that brand so I don't know well it works. Its definitely worth a try. I like to find local ingredients for my soapmaking. Saves a bundle on shipping and helps when your supplier is out of it.