Newbie with a few questions

serenamarie

Hi :) I love tarts and wickless candles so much I thought id try a round of making some. This board is AWESOME, I have been reading alot.

I have a few questions.

I have some pillars with wicks that I would love to melt down and make tarts or try my hand at bear dipping. Im actually just breaking these down with a knife. They are banan nut candles. Not soy. Ive noticed when Im cutting these a powdery additive was added to this a little bit throughout the candle. Is this like a nut additive or something? The smell is great. I just dont want to burn these and create a disaster if you know what I mean. I am getting a presto wax warmer. I have purchased some soy wax kit off ebay. Now for soy wax, strickly speaking of tart making ... what is the temperature pour? and then for the para wax as well. Any help appreciated :)

Right now, please dont laugh, just as a tester I broke down and made some tarts from a smaller old candle and melter them under my light bulb tart warmer. I added some apple soy beads to these and they smell great just look awful.

Nice to meet you all here :)

Since you are not putting a flame to it I would not worry about what additive they added to it. Just melt them down and pour some tart with it.

Now for regular tart making melt your wax to about 175 add FO mix well then pour at the recommended temp. Most soy are poured cool usually at the slushy stage.

Is the kit you bought for container or pillar candles?

if you're making tarts with this wax, how hard is it to remove from the tart warmer when you want to replace it? That's one of the reasons I love straight paraffin for my tarts, they pop right out of the warmers. I went to a 50/50 blend recently and heard from buyers that they are having problems popping out the old wax...seems like a small issue to me but after getting 2 or 3 emails on the subject I figured go back to straight paraffin for my tarts.