Real peach or peaches and cream essential oil..does this exist?

bila275

I know you said you don't use fragrances, but the only thing you will find to add scent would be an FO. For me, the peach scent in my soaps either ends up being so light that it is hard to smell, or the peach scent is a sharper scent than I was wanting.

Now, you could use cream as your liquid and add some pureed peaches to the soap. It won't add scent but it could be nice. Just watch the amount of peaches you add so there is not enough in the batch to go bad.

ETA I realized I was in the MP section. When adding cream and pureed peaches, I was referring to CP soap. I've added bananas and pumpkins to my CP soaps with no problems at all but I'm not sure about MP soap.

Maggie,

Thanks so much for getting back to me on this. Unfortunately that's what I thought..ugh. So I am thinking of using peach tea? Letting it steep in some melted butters or adding it crushed up to the soap as an additional exfoliating ingredient as well as powdered milk to make a 'peaches and cream' kind of thing.. What do you think?

I have added peppermint tea to my soaps and blended peppermint and speriment EO's and it was a hit. Also with chamomile as well. :cheesy2:

Meridith,

Thanks for the idea. I dont know if that will work with mp but I will certianly try that when I have a chance to do some soap in cp. I just need DH to take the kiddos out of the house so I can work with some lye. Thanks so much for your help though! I will have lots and lots of questions once I finally get around to messin w/ some lye. :yay::yay: