2nd post please help

Hi I have a customer that would like the pint wide mouth mason jar. I am usually do 1/2 pints and have no idea how to wick it and don't really understand when to wick up. My Htp 83 work well but I noticed that with dark colors I need to go up - does that make sense??? Should I use the Htp 104 or 1212 - I have about 200 candles to make this week and just don't have lots of time to test. BTW I use Joywax with a little extra soy in it.

I appreciate everyone's help. This board is very educational to a beginer like me.

Tammy

Sorry, but I have to agree w/ Scented-tell your customer that this is a new jar for you & you must test it-explain you would never sell an inferior or hazardous product & testing (though she has to wait) will ensure that she is getting a superior candle. When I do refills for some people they have no problem with that at all. With that being said I will tell you that wide mouth mason jars are different to wick then regular mason jars b/c you have a wider opening hence more oxygen that gets to the wick (least this is my experience) I'm not familiar w/ Joy wax but I know that an HTP 1212 is a pretty big wick-I sometimes use them for my 23oz bamorals jars which is a much bigger dia. then the pint mason. Usually you will need to wick up when using a heavier FO or a higher percentage of a certain FO. I don't know what kind of dye your using so can't help you there either. I use liquid dye & Im finding that it doesn't really effect the wick size. HTH