415 spoiled?

Just took a case out of the garage where it's been stored for about 6 months and the flakes have turned tan. It doesn't have an odor, other than the typical soy odor. I was only going to use it for melts.

Think it's good? I'm assuming it would stink if it went rancid????

I haven't worked with 415 in so long I can't remember if it ever did this before.

Thanks for replies...

Ok, stupid me. I picked up the bag (which was in a plastic container) and written on the side was PILLAR WAX!! So it's the pillar was that turned brown. The 415 was underneath in another bag...white as ever. Guess I forgot I put them together. Found a bunch of steric in there as well. Oh my I really need to quit stashing stuff!

I threw the pillar wax out because it's prob 4-5 yrs old and I don't make pillars anyway.

I wouldn't throw the case of pillar wax out. A case can make a lot of tarts. You should be able to blend it with a softer wax and make tarts with it. Make a small batch with one of your least favorite FO's so you want waste good FO if it doesn't work. I'm sure it will, though, since it doesn't have a bad smell to it. Try mixing it 70% pillar with 30% 415 and see if it's the consistency and firmness you want for your tarts. Adjust, if necessary.