Closing My Store

Debra Phelps

I have had my own business for 20 years. 10 of it a candle store. But this year we had very little profitable weeks. We have decided to do the shows. And keep our van full of candles. Have a delivery service in in our area. People seem to like that idea. I tell them they can shop in their PJs. I am looking forward to not having all the overhead. My house will be clean for the first time in years. lol :yay: I am excited.

Debra, I'm glad you're happy with your decision - nice to see someone shutting down a store because they want to and not because the economy is putting them under. :) It sounds like you've got a good plan going forward, and I hope your business booms in 2009.

I have wanted to open a business but not unless I can do it on my property.That is what so many people do around here.We have a small building we can use BUT it is not as accessible as I want it to be. Still would be perfect if fixed up.

A business being on our property would be much more convenient and not paying rent somewhere else and the high insurance, heating and electrical bills. I do carry my candle insurance for $1,000,000.

I can understand with low sales and staying long hours at the business location you would want to close shop. Best of Luck to you.

LynnS