Damaged melt and pour soap order

bila275

So I ordered 10lbs each of melt and pour soap from peaks. It arrived today in broken plastic containers. All the ones on the bottom are shattered plastic. I know they do not accept returns on mp soap and all but I have small children and I am afraid of them getting into it even if I put it up high and away my 2.5 yr old son always gets into stuff. Plus as we know once mp is exposed to air it can lose volume. So i am at a loss as what to do. I do have some empty containers I can put it in but not enough to replace the 7 containers that broke.

I have not contacted peaks and I am not sure what to do.

Any advise welcomed.

THanks,

Shila

Grand...this does not give me lots of hope that this was a accident. ugh. I ordered 10lbs of castile and goats milk plus two pounds of cocoa butter.

I also contactd them tonight. I hope there is something we can work out. I really like their prices! And my husband wants to start making candles too!

Let me know how the shave soap works out for you. That's the next item I wanted to try.

Thanks for the tip about the ziplock bags. I put mine in ziplocks tonight hopefully it will make it a little harder for the kids to get into it.

Thanks!

Shila

WOW Peaks got back to me real fast. They told me it was from the extream cold. And that If I wanted a refund they would give me one. Now thats what I call fast customer service. :yay: Regina

That is pretty much normal for Peaks - They have excellant Customer Service along with first rate products

I have not contacted peaks and I am not sure what to do.

Any advise welcomed.

THanks,

Shila

my advice would always be to start with them - Peak cares about the customer - heck they gave us THIS place didn't they?

Truly, in most cases a supplier will make this sort of thing right - it's clearly damaged and not just you not liking something. Always start with the supplier.

Thanks guys!

Yup Peaks replied pretty quickly and gave me the same response as dolphin. It was the cold weather that made the containers crack and they also offered a refund. :yay::yay:

I couldn't be more thrilled! Hehe! IT looks like I will be ordering the shave soap and a starter kit for soy candles from them soon! YAY I'm so excited!

Shila

I was thinking the same thing. It is soap. I personally wouldn't have even entertained the thought of a refund unless it was a liquid soap that ended up being ruined or ruined the rest of the box. It's simply mp soap blocks, pack them up in large ziploc bags and put them out of your child's reach. I normally order huge blocks of mp and cut them up and store in baggies and it does fine.

I had some fbb that busted open during shipment and that I did request a replacement because the product was ruined.

Angi