My show!!!

andrealh1975

Yesterday I hosted my first show (Fall Extravaganza) and also participated in it. It was small, 11 vendors including myself at a local hotel. There was a decent turn out and I faired ok with my sales, about $200. Everyone sold well. Of course I was so stressed out w/ planning, running around, etc. I forgot to take my camera, so no pics this time. But, I am very happy it was such a success. I was able to get an additional show out of it and also had a hair salon owner and a laundry mat owner ask me to set up a table on a Saturday for some holiday sales. So, I'm excited about that. Hope everyone else had a profitable weekend as well!! :highfive:

Congratulations!! Doesn't it feel so good when your product is well recieved and you are able to make some sales? I always get stressed before a show too. I'm glad it worked out well for you. :)

Oh my gosh...I was so stressed out I was snapping at people at work on Thursday. I ended up taking off on Friday just to get myself together. LOL

I tell you, it's so funny to see people's reaction when you tell them you make the candles yourself, right in your kitchen or wherever. And of course I had the folks who wanted to know the "secret". I told one, "if I tell you I'll have to kill you!!" And told another I'd sell them the secret for $100,000!! LOL :P

Congrats! I can't imagine all the work going into hosting a show. They're lucky snapping is all you did ;)

Believe me, I wanted to do more than snap a few times!!!

Thanks everyone for all of your kind words. It was definitely a lot of work, but now that it's over I'm ready for more. I started calling around yesterday looking for a place to hold the next event in the spring.

I was telling my supervisor yesterday how much success I had, and he said, "you'd better not quit on me and start doing event planning." (I do accounting now.) I told him he'd better watch out, my new calling may be just a few events away!!

:P

I thought about doing it at the same hotel...I had 10 tables on Sunday, they can only accomodate about 15-16 tables if I used the bigger space. I actually found another location that can accomodate about 40 tables and the price per table would be cheaper than the first event!! :yay:

Good going, glad you had a good day, ah just take a candle to work and burn it, it will put everyone in a good mood. i get edgy when I deliver a wholesale order, go figure, they won't like the color, they decided they didn't want the order all this insane stuff goes throught your head. LOL