2281 wax

Any one use this paraffin wax? Went to a supplier on my way home from work. My other supplier that I get my wax from was on the other side on town. I ask for "just plain paraffin" assuming that it was similar to what I use. Dont know the name .The supplier that I use for my wax just calls it paraffin.It doesn`t look or "feel" like my wax....dammit why couldn`t I pull my head out of my a$$ long enought to realize that every paraffin grade of wax isnt the same. There went 75.00.

IGI® 2281A is a specially selected grade of white crude scale wax possessing good flexibility as well as high gloss on air cooling. IGI® 2281A is ideal for use in container candles or as a vegetable wax.

The storage life of vegetables such as turnips is improved by prevention of loss of moisture, while appearance is enhanced for improved marketability. Because it maintains flexibility at refrigerated temperatures, chipping and cracking of the coating is minimized when compared to other waxes.

I have been using this wax for years now, and I like it. Did you want a straight paraffin or did you want a straight paraffin for pillars?

From the way you stated what you wanted I would have given you a straight paraffin like 2281 also. It does make nice mottled containers, and with the right additives makes nice regular container candles. You can try to make votives with it also, I mix it with my pillar wax for my votives. You do need to do repours but I wouldn't use anything else for my containers.

Karen B