J-50

Is anyone besides me having trouble with IGI's version of J-50? I use it as a base for my own blend, and even though IGI says their formulation it the same as Astor's, I find it totally different. I'm getting white swirls between the wall of the jar and the wax, and the worst wet spots I've ever seen. Also the wax doesn't look the same after it sets up. It always had a smooth, creamy consistance. Now it looks rough and course. I've tried variety of pouring temperature changes, and actually made a few candles with only the J-50, but nothing I've tried has made much of a difference.

IGI asked me to send them a couple candles to inspect, which I've done, and I'm waiting for their response.

Anyone else see any differences?

Fredron

Is anyone besides me having trouble with IGI's version of J-50? I use it as a base for my own blend, and even though IGI says their formulation it the same as Astor's, I find it totally different. I'm getting white swirls between the wall of the jar and the wax, and the worst wet spots I've ever seen. Also the wax doesn't look the same after it sets up. It always had a smooth, creamy consistance. Now it looks rough and course. I've tried variety of pouring temperature changes, and actually made a few candles with only the J-50, but nothing I've tried has made much of a difference.

IGI asked me to send them a couple candles to inspect, which I've done, and I'm waiting for their response.

Anyone else see any differences?

Fredron

Hi Fredron, I have used J50 for 4years....its not the same ....I dont care what they say. It used to grab jars great with no white marks(frost) and very little wetspots. Now it seems to have more of a "thicker" appearance vs a creamy one....like they used to much micro wax... I have to use the heat gun to fix craters with almost every candle with their new J50. It still throws pretty good though. Tried crisco...didnt like it. I added a little petro..never had to before.....I wish they would fix it...j50 was a great wax.

Hi question for everyone......Ihave been looking at some one pours and noticed that the J50 seems to be a little "yellow" or off white. Most of the othe one pours are white or clear vaseline like. What would give this kind of coloring to j50? Since they dont call it a parasoy, I am assuming its not soy....could it be yellow beeswax? I am really trying to learn all I can and I hope someone could share their opinion....THANKS!