melt pools

Vec

I was just wondering how long it takes your 2" diamater containers to get a full melt pool..because mine will get out to the edges in about 10 mins...but takes about 4 hours to get a half inch deep(and a bit shallower) melt pool

im using low mp igi with vybar(the one for low mp) pumpkin spice FO and a flat braid wick

but..was just curious..wondering if its supposed to get full mp that quick

thank ya

i think im currently testing close to the right wick...cause its taking a while...waiting to see if it gets a full MP..

another questions is does low mp parafin get full melt pool faster than high mp parafin with the same diameter?

The melt pool forms much faster near the flame than farther out. A 2" container is like a votive cup. Depending on the wax it probably wouldn't take very long, but I can't say off the top of my head how long it should be.

The important thing is, find a wick that can burn for a while without the flame getting too big or dancing around and puffing smoke. If you had a nice clean 4 hour burn with a half inch MP that doesn't sound too implausible.

Which wax are you using?

i think its 2281...but its just plain low mp wax..ive got the wicks/vybar narrowed down now..im getting nice steady flame for about 2-5 hours but the melt pool get deep on the bigger wick..and takes about 3 hours to start getting the wax off the side of the jar with the smaller wick(im missing a size of wick and looks like thats the exact one i need)...think ive tested 5 wicks in about 8 candles today..but im getting there...i hope

thanks for the imput