Silicone mold question

I tried experimenting with palm wax today. I really like it but it left a residue in my silicone mold. The mold is made by wilton that is food safe but I bought it at WSP as a tart mold. My ? is, can I put it in the dishwasher to get the residue off or is it not good to put wax/fo products in the dishwasher? And if I can use the dishwasher, do I wash it alone without any dishes? For some reason washing by hand isn't getting the job done :(

Thanks

Mommyof4 ... here's what my moldmaker (www.midwestmolds.com) says about mold care ...

"Wash your molds periodically with warm soapy water and allow them to air dry. You do not need to wash them after every use, however, wax will build up and eventually you will want to clean them. I do not recommend putting them in the dishwasher!"

I've never used palm wax, but I do know that with my molds, soft wax, like container wax, leaves a residue. When I use a harder wax, like votive/pillar wax, it's fine. Sorry about your mold. :sad2:

Oh no!!! surely washing in the dishwasher is the same as putting wax down the drain, a definate no, no!!!!!! Sorry about your mold but please use a heatgun or simillar. We are trying to conserve our environment as well as you are trying to conserve your dishwasher!!

Thanks y'all :)

I have tried everything.

Circle, it just had a filmy residue on it, I don't think it was actually wax.

I think I'm about to post it for free and someone can just pay shipping. Maybe someone will have better luck then me.

Here's how I clean all my molds...silicone and metal.

Turn your oven on to bake. Set it to the lowest setting...mine is 170.

I use a cookie sheet...line with aluminum foil

put the mold upside down on the cookie sheet. put in the oven for 5 or 10 minutes or longer. Take it out and wipe with a paper towel.

Now it's cleaned for the next use. Just remember to use a potholder...they can be hot.